Today, we want to share with you this spectacular Sushi Crab Salad Recipe! Follow these instructions to make the best crab salad on the planet!
Ingredients for Sushi Crab Salad:
- 100g Surimi sticks
- 100g of Fresh Red Tuna
- ½ cup of Wakame
- ½ Red Onion
- 1 tablespoon of Mustard
- 3 tablespoons of Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons of Sugar
- ¼ cup of Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Sesame Seeds (optional)
For the dressing:
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and sugar into a bowl
- Mix all until it turns into a sauce.
- Add a touch of soy sauce, mix, taste, and add more as needed to preference.
- Add salt if you prefer (note – soy sauce will already add a salty taste).
For the salad:
- Peel, cut red onion into julienne strips.
- Cut red tuna into consistent cubes of approximately 1cm x 1cm.
- Cut surimi sticks, the star ingredient, into approximately 3cm thick strips.
- Add wakame and mix all together
- Add the dressing prepared and mix them together.
- Toast sesame seeds in a pan for a minute (if preferred), mix or top off on the salad.
- Serve in a bowl
The beauty of this japanese crab salad sushi recipe lies not only in its ingredients but also in the way it’s prepared. It’s recommended to cut every ingredient in the sizes mentioned (albeit approximately), as this would really determine the experience of your salad.
- Try the dressing before mixing it with the salad and make sure all the flavors are to your liking, especially its saltiness. The soy sauce will already be giving it a salty taste but add salt to your liking if you prefer.
- Wash and clean every ingredient before cutting as these will not be cooked.